Sunday 4 March 2012

Danny Dyer Is A Riot

The crafty Cockney actor Danny Dyer has revealed how he would have got involved in the London riots last year were he still a teenager.

The star thinks it's inevitable he would have participated.

"Probably. I can’t lie," he says. "What they did was disgusting, but when you’re running with a crowd and you’ve got f*** all to do with your life…they just got wrapped up in this idea of a lawless Britain. Why would you risk everything over a pair of trainers? I don’t think I would have gone that far with it. I probably would have got wrapped up in it. But I’ve got too much respect for my Mum to let them down. I probably would have gone so far, then f***ed off home."
Dyer was filming in South Malden at the time and remembers thinking the end was nigh.
"I remember going home and watching it on the TV and thinking f***ing hell, this is like a movie," he says. "All this bollocks about the Mayan calendar, this is the last year, something is going to happen. I was thinking, 'f*** maybe it’s going to come true, the prophecy.'"
Luckily, Armageddon didn't come to pass and you can still see Dyer playing a serial killer in the British indie Deviation, out on DVD now. 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home