Tuesday 5 June 2012

Holy Moses! Scott reveals his new flick


Fresh from the launch of his sci-fi epic Prometheus, director Ridley Scott has revealed that he is making a movie about Moses.

In an interview with Esquire magazine he let it slip that the film was already in development when he said: "I've got something else in the works. I'm already doing it. It's called Moses."

When the interviewer thinks that Scott is joking, the director responds: "Seriously, seriously. It's going to happen. I probably shouldn't have let that slip out. I'm not supposed to say anything."

The film will focus on the prophet Moses' relationship with Egyptian Pharoah Ramesses II.

"It's definitely in the cards, though. What's interesting to me about Moses isn't the big stuff that everybody knows. It's things like his relationship with Ramesses. I honestly wasn't paying attention in school when I was told the story of Moses. Some of the details of his life are extraordinary."

Scott is also working on the drama The Counselor starring Michael Fassbender and the biopic Gertrude Bell, with Angelina Jolie. Other post-Prometheus projects include the untitled Blade Runner project, which will reunite him with screenwriter Hampton Fancher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home