Friday 15 July 2011

Car alarm for Robbie


His mentor Sir Ralph Richardson dubbed him The Great Gambon, but the actor known to everyone else as Sir Michael Gambon remains down-to-Earth about his celebrity.   

Even being a part of the Harry Potter series of films, taking on the role of Professor Dumbledore after the untimely passing of Richard Harris, does not faze him. Asked about his favourite prop in the films he answers without hesitation.

“Well, I had the usual props, but I also had a little bag I’d made myself, and a belt, to keep my fags and lighter in so I could nip out for a fag.”

Co-star Robbie Coltrane reveals more of Gambon’s mischievious sense of humour during the extended shooting of these last few movies. 

Both men are car fans, Gambon indeed has a corner on the Top Gear test track named in his honour, and it appears that at one point things got a little competitive between them.

“He parked his Ferrari outside my trailer so I couldn’t open the door. I said: ‘I can’t quite open my door properly...’ and Michael said: ‘That’s because I’ve brought my Ferrari in to humiliate you,’.”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home