Saturday 23 July 2011

Huston, we have a problem

Every actor has at least one skeleton in his or her CV closet. In the case of Oscar-winning Anjelica Huston (Prizzi's Honor, The Witches, The Addams Family), it dates back more than 40 years to her starring debut as a teenager in the medieval stinker, A Walk with Love and Death.

What perhaps makes it even more galling in retrospect for Huston, just 60, was that it - a sort of Romeo and Juliet (pictured below) set during the 100 Years War - was directed by her father, John, whose track record before and after was mostly so fine.





Huston, currently starring as headmistress Miss Battle-Axe (above) in Horrid Henry - The Movie, told The Guardian: "I was 16 and rebellious like any teenager. I also didn't really respond to the script and that's a fundamental problem for me, then and now.

"But my father wasn't really interested in hearing my complaints. The idea that I might know what constituted good writing was anathema to him, And pretty arrogant on my part. It was like being under lock and key with your father making you learn your lines. Exactly the opposite experience of what I was hoping for."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home