Wednesday 21 December 2011

Snow business

You might, quite reasonably, assume that the one cast member best able to cope with the freezing temperatures on David Fincher's Swedish locations for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was Stellan Skarsgard.  He might be an international movie star now, but the 60 year old was born in Gothenburg and is the most recognisable of his countrymen in Fincher's eagerly awaited film.  

But he clearly prefers the balmy climates he enjoyed on films like Mamma Mia! and the odd Pirates of the Caribbean adventure to the snowy landscapes of rural Sweden. So when co-stars Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara were suffering for their art in sub zero temperatures he had nothing but admiration for them.

“I think they probably coped even better than I would,” he explains, “because I don’t even have winter clothes.  I refuse to go out in the snow. I live in taxis from October to May.”



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home