Tuesday 3 January 2012

I may not make another film, says Terry Gilliam


Terry Gilliam has hinted his 2009 fantasy drama The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus could be his final film as he doubts he will "ever make a movie again".

The former Monty Python star directed the Pythons’ first film Monty Python and the Holy Grail in 1975, before making a series of other acclaimed films including Brazil, 12 Monkeys and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Doctor Parnassus featured Heath Ledger's final performance before his tragic death in 2008, and Gilliam is considering quitting directing after admitting things go wrong when he makes films.

He says, "I've actually reached the point of not believing I'll ever make a film again. I get easily distracted and greedy to do lots of films.

"Whenever I do that things fall apart. I used to believe I could will things into existence but now I am older I know it doesn't work that way."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home