Monday 18 June 2012

Emily's a dude

Although she's appeared in the odd comedy, you don't tend to think of Emily Blunt as exactly a laugh riot.

But that's not the impression you get from Hollywood yock-meister Judd Apatow, who has been attempting to snare the 29-year-old British star of Young Victoria and Salmon Fishing in the Yemen for ages.

Now he's finally reeled her in for his latest, The Five-Year Engagement, in which she co-stars with Jason Segel.


And apparently Apatow was so impressed with Blunt's comic chops that she was actually included in the writing process.

Blunt told The Observer: "I went in with a list of notes but I don't think I'd quite been heard in that way before. It was a room full of guys and they were like: 'Tell me what you want! Tell me what you need!'"

"And I was like: 'Just please don't write us from a perceived feminine point of view. Write us like a dude. We think and talk like you'."

Yeh, right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home