Friday 16 September 2011

Acting royalty

The mood at Buckingham Palace will be interesting when Oscar winner Colin Firth receives his CBE from the Queen later this year.

For the man who won just about every acting prize going for his performance as George VI in The King's Speech will be coming face to face with the regal daughter of the character he played in that film.

Firth - who can currently be seen as one of the starry ensemble in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - sounds fairly relaxed at the prospect.

"I don’t think there’s a lot of conversation involved," he says.  "There will be quite a few of us around and I don’t know what she’ll have to say about it.

"I have no idea whether she’s even seen the film or not.  There were reports, and I don’t know if they’ve been verified, that other members of the Royal family have seen it and their response has apparently been positive."

But still, what if Her Majesty requests an autograph?

“Shall I bring a pen just in case?" Firth smiles.  "I’d be prepared to swap memorabilia if she wanted."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home