Monday 4 July 2011

Lily Allen slams 'scarily thin' models and stars

Singer Lily Allen has spoken out about the unhealthy lifestyle that keeps models and other pop stars scarily thin -- and says she's seen it with her own eyes.

"I hang out with models, the biggest pop stars and, you know, really and honestly, I hate saying this, but none of them are achieving those body shapes by being healthy," she reveals in an interview in the August edition of Elle magazine, which is published on Wednesday.


"They’re not just going to the gym two hours a day -- they’re not eating or they’re taking speed not to eat. In America everyone abuses that Adderall stuff and people aren’t normal."

She doesn’t name anyone in the interview but it is clear she is referring to people she has spent a lot of time with and monitored their eating habits.

When Lily was at her thinnest, she says she wasn’t herself at all and was "deeply unhappy most of the time. I wasn’t eating then, you know, I was going out at night. I guess when you’re not eating you have to distract yourself with other things.

"Come three o’clock it was like, ‘Oh I suppose it’s acceptable to have a glass of wine.’ And then by four o’clock I would have had four glasses. It’s not the way to be."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home